Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Get PAID for talking . . . I should be rich instead of so good looking!!

In one of my former lives . . . I actually got PAID to talk!

Can you imagine?

I know some people, who, if paid by the word spoken would be among the World's Wealthiest! Right up there with Bill GatesWarren BuffettCarlos Slim HelĂș, and other members of their exclusive fraternity.

For a number of years, I was a news reporter, most of that time, stationed at Cape Canaveral, then the Kennedy Space Center, covering the US Manned Space Program. I didn't get paid by the word, of course, but reporting was never like a "real" job. It was like getting paid for my favorite hobby.

For several years, I got away from working with my voice, and worked more with my sparkling personality, marketing telecommunications for the Bell System to major businesses in southeast Florida.

Now semi-retired, the current financial situation causes me to reach again back into the bottom of our bag of tricks and begin searching for an intrepid and brave agent, willing to represent me and my limited voice "talents".

My search has just begun.  I'll try to keep you posted on any results -- good or bad.

In the meantime, do you have any audio books, tv narration, internet training, presentations, anything at all requiring a professional voicing?  I may actually be "Your Guy"!

In the next day or three, I'll try to post a link to a new website, where you can also hear samples of our "voice wares".

Stay tuned!

No comments: